Upper Airway Stimulation in Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Best Practices in Evaluation and Surgical Management (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Clemens Heiser, Nico de Vries
This book by leading international experts provides an evidence-based approach to electrical stimulation of the upper airway, beginning with patient selection, implant techniques, trouble shootings, patient pathways, titrations during daytime and sleep as also new innovative techniques such as stimulation of the ansa cervicalis and the phrenic nerve.
- · Superbly illustrated schematic drawings and full-colored photographs;
- · Step-by-step description of surgical concepts and techniques on all of the market available systems (Inspire, Nyxoah, LivaNova, Remede);
- · Complete online media library with videos on the surgical procedures;
- · New surgical steps presented for well established procedures (e.g. 2-incicions technique);
- · Discussion of outcomes, success rates, risks, and potential troubleshooting’s, where evidenced-based data are not available, expert opinion is provided.
Upper Airway Stimulation in Obstructive Sleep Apnea will be welcomed by residents, fellows, and board-certified surgeons in otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery.
- Publisher : Springer; 1st ed. 2022 edition (August 1, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 346 pages
- ISBN-10 : 3030895033
- ISBN-13 : 978-3030895037
- ISBN-13 : 9783030895037
- eText ISBN: 9783030895044