Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Catherine M. Otto MD, Bernard D Prendergast MD, Simon Redwood MD
Written and edited by an outstanding team of experts in the field, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation offers a multidisciplinary approach to this rapidly expanding procedure. Recent studies have shown transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) to be as effective as surgical aortic valve repair (SAVR), with demonstrably better outcomes for low, intermediate, and high-risk patients. Under the editorial leadership of Drs. Catherine M. Otto, Bernard D. Prendergast, and Simon Redwood, this practical reference incorporates recent research on patient selection, discusses current guidelines, and covers the new devices developed to address this fast-growing area.
- Follows the patient journey from indications, patient selection for TAVI, choice of valve, and pre-TAVI evaluation through the procedure itself, complications, and long-term outcomes―all with a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Features consistent headings and user-friendly content in every chapter: Checklists, Decision Pathways, Data/Evidence Summaries, and Essential Readings.
- Contains multidisciplinary TAVI Decision Pathways that provide a uniquely visual yet comprehensive approach for quick retrieval and application of all the latest clinical implications for TAVI.
- Includes the latest evidence-based data on TAVI vs. SAVR from the new AHA/ACC guidelines and implications for practice.
- Provides clear visual guidance with 150 pre-, intra-, and post-imaging illustrations, plus 50 TAVI procedural video clips.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (December 29, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323757928
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323757928
- ISBN-13 : 9780323757928