Therapeutic Agents for the Physical Therapist Assistant 2022 Original PDF
The first textbook specifically for physical therapist assistant (PTA) students on physical agent modalities, Therapeutic Agents for the Physical Therapist Assistant is a standout resource that will greatly enhance a PTA curriculum.Therapeutic Agents for the Physical Therapist Assistant focuses on the use and execution of each physical agent, covering thermal, sound-energy, mechanical, electrical, and electromagnetic agents. Tables, graphs, review questions, and photos are included for visual reference and lab practice. Clinical tips and case studies are sprinkled throughout each chapter, along with sample documentation and checklists to follow when documenting a therapeutic modality. Topics include:
- Thermal agents, including thermotherapy and cryotherapy
- Sound-energy modalities, including therapeutic ultrasound and phonophoresis
- Mechanical agents, including hydrotherapy, traction, compression, manual therapy, and soft-tissue mobilization
- Electrical agents, including electrotherapy
- Electromagnetic agents, including shortwave diathermy, low-level laser therapy, infrared light therapy, and ultraviolet light
Included with the text are online supplemental materials for faculty use in the classroom, consisting of an Instructor’s Manual and PowerPoint slides.This textbook is perfect for instructors in PTA programs looking for a text on physical modalities and agents that is geared specifically toward their students. This text will equally hold a valuable place on the shelf as an important reference text for PTA students after they enter the field.