The Unofficial Guide to Passing OSCEs, 4th edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Emily Hotton MBChB (Dist) BSc (Hons), Sammie Mak MBChB, Zeshan Qureshi BM BSc (Hons) MSc MRCPCH FAcadMEd MRCPS(Glasg)
The unique and award-winning Unofficial Guides series is a collaboration between senior students, junior doctors and specialty experts. This combination of contributors understands what is essential to excel on your course, in exams and in practice – as well as the importance of presenting information in a clear, fun and engaging way. Packed with hints and tips from those in the know, when you are in a hurry and need a study companion you can trust, reach for an Unofficial Guide.
This guide has everything you need in one place – including common questions, model answers, how to present your answers to examiners, and numerous practical tips for success – all written by doctors and students who have recently completed the exam process.
Ideal for OSCE candidates wanting to blitz their exams, this book will also make a useful day-to-day reference guide for professionals.
- Over 100 common scenarios – including medical history taking, clinical examination, practical skills and communication skills
- Covers specialities including orthopaedics, paediatrics, psychiatry, radiology, prescribing, O&G, ophthalmology, ENT
- Over 300 full colour clinical photos to bring the text to life, including images of patients with disease features
- Clearly outlines how to relay the assessment of a patient to an examiner or to other doctors on a ward round
- Model answers to key OSCE questions
- Written and reviewed by doctors and senior medical students – essential guidance from those in the know
- New data interpretation chapter
- New dedicated ophthalmology chapter
- Publisher : Elsevier; 4th edition (May 25, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 528 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323936547
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323936545
File Size : 51.3 MB