- The four
dimensions of sustainable eating: healthy diet, harmony with the
environment, social cooperation, and a fair economy
- Over 100 easy-to-follow vegetarian and
nonvegetarian recipes for cooking sustainably–with an emphasis on fresh,
seasonal foods that are not only nutritious and tasty but also support the
income of local farmers and producers
- Tips for preparation and cooking that preserve the flavor and nutritional
value of our foods
- Important facts about organically grown foods
- Guidance on where to find additional resources for a deeper understanding of some of
- Pointers for achieving sustainability in everyday life –
switching to green energy; handling packaging, waste, and trash; saving energy
in the kitchen; and more!
- Paperback: 164 pages
- Publisher: TPS; 1 edition (August 16, 2013)
- Language: English
- Type : PDF ORIGINAL
Note : We will send ebook download link after confirmation of payment via paypal success
Payment methods: Visa or master card (Paypal)
The Joy of Sustainable Eating 1st Edition
you ever wonder how “fresh” vegetables and fruits appear on your
supermarket shelves all year round? Clearly, they have been grown, processed, and preserved in
ways that we may not be fully aware of. Yet, it is crucially important
– not only for your own and your family’s health but also
for the sustainability of the entire natural environment – that we know the facts about
where our food comes from, how it gets to our table, and how each of us
as individuals can improve the health and well-being of our planet.
Learn how to get started with this simple, informative guide, recognized by UNESCO as a “contribution for
the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development”.
Complete with luscious photographs, The Joy of
demonstrates the tremendous benefits
of healthy, conscious, close-to-the-source eating–without sacrificing the pleasures of good food.