Textiles and Their Use in Microbial Protection: Focus on COVID-19 and Other Viruses (Textile Institute Professional Publications) (Original PDF from Publisher)
Textiles and Their Use in Microbial Protection: Focus on COVID-19 and Other Viruses provides readers with vital information about disinfection mechanisms used in textile applications in the fight against dangerous microbes and viruses.
- Introduces the basics of textile materials used for medical applications
- Features key information on virology, characterization, indication, and passivation of COVID-19
- Describes UV, photocatalysis, photooxidation, application of TiO2, copper-based viral inhibition, and activated carbon
- Discusses antiviral finishes for the protection against SARS-CoV-2, particle penetration in dense cotton fabrics under swollen state, and the impact of moisture on face masks and their designs
Aimed at textile and materials engineers as well as readers in medical fields, this text offers a comprehensive view of fundamentals and solutions in the use of textiles for microbial protection.
- Publisher:CRC Press; 1st edition (June 9, 2021)
- Paperback:318 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781000395907