Structure & Function of the Body, 16th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Kevin T. Patton PhD, Gary A. Thibodeau PhD
Get a solid understanding of the human body! Using simple, conversational language and vivid animations and illustrations, Structure & Function of the Body, 16th Edition introduces the normal structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis. To help make difficult A&P concepts easy to understand, this new edition features thoroughly revised content and review questions which reflect the most current information available and a unique 22-page, semi-transparent insert of the human body. Plus, Connect It! boxes throughout directly correlate to online content giving you additional clinical and scientific insights essential to patient care!
- 22-page Clear View of the Human Body is a unique, full-color, semi-transparent insert depicting the human body (male and female) in layers.
- Conversational and clear writing style makes content easy to read and understand.
- Full-color design contains more than 400 drawings and photos.
- Updated study tips sections at the beginning of each chapter help break down difficult topics and guide you on how to best use book features to their advantage.
- Questions for student review are found throughout the chapters and cover critical thinking, open-ended, fill-in-the-blank, matching, multiple-choice, and other question formats.
- Special boxes such as Health and Well-Being boxes, Clinical Application boxes, Research and Trends boxes, and more help you apply what you have learned to your future career.
- Language of Science and Medicine section in each chapter includes key terms, word parts, and pronunciations to place a greater focus on medical terminology.
- Resources on the Evolve companion website includeAnimation Direct, audio summaries, audio glossary, a new online coloring book, review questions, and FAQs.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised chapters, illustrations, and review questions reflect the most current information available.
- NEW! Connect It! boxes refer you to online content providing additional clinical and scientific insights.
- NEW! A&P contributors join Dr. Patton to enhance the content and bring additional perspectives to the book.
- Publisher : Mosby; 16th edition (November 21, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 600 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323597793
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323597791
- ISBN-13 : 9780323597791
- eText ISBN: 9780323655767