- Includes evaluation and management of the newborn
- Describes surgical interventions of the newborn, and when a primary repair versus a staged approach is required
- Explains the value of laparoscopy and deciding in which cases to use it
- Looks at the importance of a transition program to adulthood
- Paperback: 291 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition (March 13, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0367136473
- ISBN-13: 978-0367136475
This book provides comprehensive coverage of the anatomical and physiological aspects of complex colorectal and pelvic malformations. Also described are the surgical protocols for this specialized field within pediatric surgery. The benefits of high-level collaboration between surgical services when treating these anomalies are explained, as are treatment algorithms and care of complications.
Pediatric surgeons worldwide and the teams in which they work will benefit from this well illustrated and comprehensive work.