Nina McIntosh’s The Educated Heart, 4th Edition (Original PDF)
Now including an all-new chapter on professional boundaries and the Internet, this fully updated 4th Edition of Nina McIntosh’s The Educated Heart, by Laura Allen provides a conversational style, easy-to-understand explanations of complex psychological dynamics, and practical suggestions for handling everyday boundary situations. Packed with real-world examples, and compelling online videos, this practical, compassionate book explores common situations bodyworkers and massage therapists encounter on the job and provides compassionate support and up-to-date information to help readers establish the solid professional boundaries they need for career success and personal well-being. The Fourth Edition includes enhanced coverage of the dynamics of the client-practitioner relationship, including specific suggestions for what to say to clients in difficult situations, as well as integrated coverage of the many boundary and confidentiality issues related to social media.
- New Consider This … features provide thoughtful suggestions for making career-affecting choices, as well as important issues to consider in day-to-day practice.
- Coverage of professional boundaries and the Internet now appears in an all-new chapter and is integrated throughout the book to help students understand the myriad boundary issues involved in the use of technology and social media.
- NewReal Experienceboxes , contributed by actual practitioners, discuss the problems and dilemmas they’ve confronted in their own practices.
- Whimsical drawings illustrate common scenarios, enhancing the friendliness of the text.
Questions for Reflection help readers process and internalize key content.
- Key Terms are boldfaced in the text, defined in the margins, and gathered together in a back-of-the book glossary.
- Increased coverage of the boundary problems faced by those who work in spas, physicians’, or chiropractors’ offices or for massage therapy businesses highlight challenges specific to these settings.
- Online Client Video s , many new to this edition, depict common problematic situations in a compelling and memorable way.