Manual de endocrinología y metabolismo (Lippincott Manual Series) (Spanish Edition), 5th Edition
The Norman Lavin Endocrinology and Metabolism Manual brings together nearly 150 global specialty authorities who share knowledge and experience in endocrine disorders in children, adolescents, and adults. This fully updated 5th edition presents the clinical information and diagnostic and treatment protocols needed in daily practice in a concise format with hundreds of tables and diagrams that make complex information easy to find and understand. Outstanding features:
- It includes the latest advances in endocrine physiology and treatment options and modalities including the surgical approach as a primary treatment option.
- Comprehensive coverage of diagnostic evaluation and integration, pathophysiology, and treatment options applicable to each of the stages of life, with short and long-term reversal and prevention goals.
- New chapters on transgender medicine, flushing and sweating, hormone administration via the nose, growth plate, traumatic brain injury and hypopituitarism
- New topics on galactorrhea; preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative treatment of pituitary surgery; growth hormone in adults, polycystic ovary syndrome, hypercalcemic crisis, parathyroid hormone-related protein, congenital hyperinsulinism, and periodic and non-periodic hypocalcemic paralysis
- Expansion and update in diabetes mellitus with new topics such as autonomic insufficiency associated with hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia induced by glucocorticoids, C-peptide, diabetes related to cystic fibrosis, artificial pancreas, glycated proteins, inhaled insulin and the use of stem cells in diabetes mellitus, among others.