- Two new Guided Practice chapters: one on adult cognitive disorders and one on dysphagia/swallowing disorders
- Additional information on cultural and linguistic diversity, telepractice, AAC, phonological processes, and social communication for children with ASD
- Expanded focus on evidence-based practice
- A PluralPlus companion website with supplementary materials, including video demonstrations, printable forms, and PowerPoint lecture slides for instructors
- Publisher : Plural Publishing, Inc.; 3rd edition (January 7, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 460 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1635503205
- ISBN-13 : 978-1635503203
- ISBN-13 : 9781635503203
- eText ISBN: 9781635503210
By Debra M. Dwight
The new and significantly updated third edition of Here’s How to Do Therapy: Hands-On Core Skills in Speech-Language Pathology is an essential resource on effective evidence-based interventions for both practicing clinicians and students in academic speech-language pathology programs. Unique in design and content, the book and online supplementary materials provide a logical and manageable approach to enhance clinical skills through guided practice for different types of communication disorders.
Part I presents the basic considerations and foundations of the therapeutic process. Twenty-eight fundamental therapeutic skills are presented in a “workshop format” using organizers, definitions/demonstrations, think-out-loud questions, prompts for practice, post-organizers, and more. Readers are guided through a process for learning and demonstrating each of the 28 specific skills through use of three tools: Therapeutic-Specific Workshop Forms, Video Vignettes, and two Mini-Therapy Sessions.
Part II of the text contains seven Guided Practice chapters, with selected concepts and scripted examples of therapy sessions for receptive and expressive language, social communication for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), articulation and phonology, voice, swallowing, resonance, and adult cognitive communication.
New to the Third Edition