Clinical Virology, 4th Edition (ASM Books) (Original PDF from Publisher)
The essential reference of clinical virology
Virology is one of the most dynamic and rapidly changing fields of clinical medicine. For example, sequencing techniques from human specimens have identified numerous new members of several virus families, including new polyomaviruses, orthomyxoviruses, and bunyaviruses.
Clinical Virology, Fourth Edition, has been extensively revised and updated to incorporate the latest developments and relevant research. Chapters written by internationally recognized experts cover novel viruses, pathogenesis, epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention, organized into two major sections:
- Section 1 provides information regarding broad topics in virology, including immune responses, vaccinology, laboratory diagnosis, principles of antiviral therapy, and detailed considerations of important organ system manifestations and syndromes caused by viral infections.
- Section 2 provides overviews of specific etiologic agents and discusses their biology, epidemiology, pathogenesis of disease causation, clinical manifestations, laboratory diagnosis, and management.
Clinical Virology provides the critical information scientists and health care professionals require about all aspects of this rapidly evolving field.
- Item Weight:7.09 pounds
- Hardcover:1489 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781555819439
- eText ISBN: 9781683670674
- eText ISBN: 9781683673163
- Dimensions:8.6 x 2.3 x 11 inches
- Publisher:ASM Press; Fourth edition (December 20, 2016)