Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease 8th Ed epub+converted pdf
A realistic look at treating respiratory diseases! Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 8th Edition gives you a fundamental knowledge and understanding that is required to successfully assess and treat patients with respiratory diseases. Using a unique organization of material, this full-color text is divided into three distinct areas which show you how to first gather clinical data, then formulate assessments, make objective evaluations, identify desired outcomes, design a safe and effective treatment plan, and finally document all steps. With easy-to-follow language and relevant clinical scenarios, you will gain a firm understanding of why certain treatment modalities are applied. New to this edition is a chapter detailing Respiratory Insufficiency in the Patient with Neuro-Respiratory Disease, along with revised content which takes a deeper dive into latest developments, research, and practices and protocols in the treatment of respiratory disease.
- Revised content in the disease sections reflect the latest developments, research, and practices and protocols in the treatment of respiratory disease.
- UPDATED! Case studies on Evolve provide realistic examples of the respiratory therapist’s role in successful patient care and help you apply text information to clinical assessment and treatment.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical scenarios and critical thinking skills helps students understand the causes of the clinical manifestations activated by specific respiratory disorders.
- UNIQUE! Focus on assessment and Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) emphasizes industry-approved standards of care, providing you with the knowledge and skills to implement these protocols into patient care.
- Overview boxes summarize the clinical manifestations caused by the pathophysiologic mechanisms of each disorder.
- Self-assessment questions at the end of the text help you to personally assess your understanding of chapter material.
- Student-friendly features reinforce learning with chapter outlines, objectives, key terms, and easy-to-follow language.
- NEW! Respiratory Insufficiency in the Patient with Neuro-Respiratory Disease chapter outlines the respiratory therapist’s role in regard to these protocols.
- NEW! Illustrations in designated chapters ensures you have a visual representation of disease processes, and the latest assessment and treatment procedures.