Chinese Medicine for Lower Body Pain (Original PDF from Publisher)
Pain medication is widely used to treat patients who suffer from acute and chronic pain. However, it is not the only treatment option available for managing back and leg pain―there are alternate means of managing pain without the risk of adverse side effects that come with opioid use.
Chinese Medicine for Lower Body Pain further explores other pain management options, introducing treatments such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, and Tui Na Chinese bodywork. Providing explanations in terms of anatomy, pathology, and etiology for both western and Chinese medicine, this book also provides self-care instruction that is effective and easy to follow.
- Introduces acupuncture treatments including needling, cupping, moxibustion, bleeding techniques, and electro-acupuncture techniques
- Teaches treatments in all modalities in Chinese medicine
- Recommends dietary, exercise, and self-care protocols for patients
- Includes photos for reference and ease of understanding
The treatment methods introduced in this book are the most recognized and effective pain management practices currently in use. This book would be suitable for healthcare practitioners as well as patients who want to better understand and mitigate their pain.
- Publisher:CRC Press; 1st edition (January 15, 2021)
- Hardcover:360 pages
- eText ISBN: 9781000299779
- Item Weight:1.74 pounds