Anatomy and Physiology, Adapted International Edition (Patton) (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Kevin T. Patton PhD
This beautifully illustrated volume brings to life all the excitement and challenge of the study of human anatomy and physiology in one stunning resource!
Characterised by its friendly and accessible writing style, each chapter of Anatomy & Physiology, Adapted International Edition, comes with a range of helpful learning features such as Study Hints, Chapter Outlines, Language of Science and Medicine lists, Case Studies, Chapter Summaries and Review– and Critical Thinking Questions. The volume also boasts over 1400 images together with the unique underlying themes entitled the ‘Big Picture’ and ‘Cycle of Life’, which serve to emphasize the importance of the interrelationship between systems of the body and how these systems are influenced, in turn, by development and aging. Alongside this emphasis on interdependence and change, comes a focus on homeostasis, which enables the reader to see how the healthy body is one that is carefully tuned and that disease can readily occur when internal balance is disrupted.
Anatomy and Physiology, Adapted International Edition, has been fully updated to make full reference European healthcare systems, including drugs, relevant investigations and local treatment protocols. The also book comes with an extensive website facility and accompanying Brief Atlas of the Human Body and Quick Guide to the Language of Science and Medicine.
Anatomy & Physiology, Adapted International Edition, will be ideal for students of nursing and allied health professions, biomedical and paramedical science, operating department practice, complementary therapy and massage therapy, as well as anyone studying BTEC (or equivalent) human biology.
- Unique ‘Clear View of the Human Body’ allows the reader to build up a view of the body layer by layer
- Clear, conversational writing style helps demystify the complexities of human biology
- Content presented in digestible ‘chunks’ to aid reading and retention of facts
- Consistent unifying themes, such as the ‘Big Picture’ and ‘Cycle of Life’ features, help readers understand the interrelation of body systems and how they are influenced by age and development
- Accompanying Brief Atlas of the Human Body offers more than 100 full-colour transparencies and supplemental images that cover body parts, organs, cross sections, radiography images, and histology slides
- Quick Guide to the Language of Science and Medicine contains medical terminology and scientific terms, along with pronunciations, definitions, and word part breakdowns for terms highlighted in the text
- Numerous feature boxes such as Language of Science and Language of Medicine, Mechanisms of Disease, Health Matters, Diagnostic Study, FYI, and Sport and Fitness provide interesting and important side considerations to the main text
- More than 1,400 full-colour photographs and spectacular drawings illustrate the most current scientific knowledge and help bring difficult concepts to life
- Quick Check Questions within each chapter help reinforce learning by prompting readers to review what they just read
- Chapter outlines, chapter objectives and study tips begin each chapter
- Outline summaries, review questions, critical thinking questions, and case studies are included at the end of each chapter
- Study Hints found throughout the text give practical advice to students about mnemonics or other helpful means of understanding or recall
- Helpful Glossary and Anatomical Directions
- Ideal for students who are new to the subject, or returning to study after a period of absence, and for anyone whose first language is not English
- Publisher : Elsevier (6 Nov. 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1264 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0702078603
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702078606
- ISBN-13 : 9780702078606
- eText ISBN: 9780702083693